This is a condition when a Man finds difficulty in achieving or keeping the erection intact until physical intercourse. This has become a common issue for Men in modern era; mostly Men above 40 are getting affected due to impotence. These days it is seen that Men aged between 25-40 years also suffer from erection issue.
CAUSES of Erectile dysfunction:
There can be several causing factors responsible for erection problem in Men. Few are listed below:
- Diabetes (erectile dysfunction due to diabetes)
- Over stress
- Over weight
- Hormonal imbalance
- Parkinsonism disease
- Certain medical conditions like clogged blood vessels
- In some cases Men suffer erection problem after prostate surgery
TREATMENT for erectile dysfunction (treatment for impotence):
There are several options to treat erection problem in Men depending upon the severity and the causing factor of erectile dysfunction (ED).
- In Mild cases, medicines are the first line of treatment.
- Shockwave Therapy (ESWT): Shockwave Therapy is useful in mild to moderate cases of ED. In this shockwaves are passed through the penis using a probe like a device which reverses the flow of blood which was clogged in vessels. Usually, in mild cases the patient feels the positive results in 3 sessions and in moderate case it takes 4-5 sessions for a good result. These sessions are carried out in OPD chamber in an interval of 2-3 days or on an alternate day.
- Penile Prosthesis (Penile implant): Penile implants are considered a boon for the Men with erectile dysfunction. A penile implant (in India) has become the first choice of many Men suffering from erection problem. We use imported penile implants (AMS Implants) in India to cure ED. AMS implants in Delhi, India are being preferred by patients from India and patients coming from abroad too.
AMS Penile Implant has many advantages over other options for treatment of ed.
- No complications
- More satisfaction
Erection problem leads to disturbances in relationships/ married life, so one should actively get himself checked by the best Andrologist once he feels any issue related to erection.
To know more, Read our Erectile Dysfunction Blog.