Dental Crowns also known as dental caps fix and help in protecting the teeth that are so damaged or diseased that they require more than a simple filling.
Various benefits of Dental crowns are as follows:
- Restore the damaged tooth and resembles the shape, size and colour of the surrounding teeth.
- Dental Crowns are indicated for fractured or cracked tooth and tooth with deep cavities.
- Protect teeth that have been filled by root-canal treatment
- Provide extra support for bridge
- Cover poorly shaped or discolored teeth.
Dental Crown may be made of a variety of materials like metal, porcelain, or newer restorative materials like metal free ceramics. Dental crown is casted customized with each patient’s requirements and fitted for each patient in accordance with the size and shape of the natural tooth. A quality dental crown typically lasts five to eight years, can lasts for much longer tenure with proper oral hygiene.
Dental bridges replace the missing tooth and offer support for the surrounding teeth to retain the integrity of the jaw and face structure.
- A dental bridge stabilizes the bite of a patient who is missing one or more teeth.
- Bridges prevent the surrounding teeth from moving or shifting in the mouth.
- Unlike partial dentures, bridges are permanent; patients need not remove them.